The Township of Nutley is providing an update to the community on several important matters, including:
- Additional known COVID-19 cases and deaths
- Face coverings required on public transit and when entering restaurants to pick up takeout orders & other additional mitigation requirements
- Link to all of Governor Phil Murphy’s Executive Orders
In addition, we remind residents to stay at home and to observe social distancing if you must go outside. For additional information and previous updates, please visit www.nutleynj.org.
New Known Cases
The Township of Nutley announced an additional 12 new known cases and 1 death since Saturday related to COVID-19, bringing the Township total known cases to 271 and 18 deaths.
The Board of Commissioners thoughts and prayers go out to all of the deceased and their families. Flags in Nutley and across the state have been lowered to half-staff in honor of all we have lost. No one will be forgotten.
Due to federal privacy regulations, the Township cannot share detailed information on cases and residents should not contact the Nutley Health Department to request patient details.
The Nutley Health Department is working diligently to track any interactions the individuals who tested positive have had with residents, and they will ensure that anyone at risk of exposure is provided with all of the information necessary, including being tested themselves if appropriate.
Additional Mitigation Requirements
Governor Phil Murphy signed a new Executive Order imposing additional mitigation requirements on NJ TRANSIT, private bus carriers, and restaurants and bars that have remained open for takeout orders.
- NJ Transit and private carriers may limit passenger occupancy by 50%
- Riders of public transit riders must wear cloth face coverings
- Restaurants must limit occupancy to 10% and require workers and customers to remain 6 feet apart except to pay.
- Face coverings are required for customers who enter restaurants or bars to pick up takeout orders. Face coverings are not required for customers for curbside pickup or deliveries.
The full Executive Order can be viewed at: https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/pdf/EO-125.pdf
Governor Murphy Orders
Governor Murphy has issued 24 Executive Orders in response to the coronavirus pandemic. To view all Executive Orders, visit: https://nj.gov/infobank/eo/056murphy/