The Township of Nutley is providing an update to the community on several important matters, including:
- Total COVID-19 cases in Nutley
- Non-essential retail curbside pickup may begin on Monday, May 18
- Contact tracers needed
- Other updates
In addition, we remind residents to stay at home and to observe social distancing if you must go outside.
COVID-19 Total Cases
The Township of Nutley announced 2 additional known COVID-19 cases today. The total is now at 468 cases and 30 deaths. All of the cases announced are confirmed by the Nutley Heath Department.
The Board of Commissioners thoughts and prayers go out to all of the deceased and their families. Flags in Nutley and across the state have been lowered to half-staff in honor of all we have lost. No one will be forgotten.
The Nutley Health Department is working diligently to track any interactions the individuals who tested positive have had with residents, and they will ensure that anyone at risk of exposure is provided with all of the information necessary, including being tested themselves if appropriate.
Reopening of non-essential retail and construction on Monday, May 18
Governor Murphy announced today that effective Monday May 18, 2020 at 6:00 a.m. the following will be allowed to re-open:
- Non-essential construction will be permitted to resume. Construction projects must follow appropriate mitigation requirements.
- Non-Essential Retail: All retail businesses not considered "essential" will be allowed to reopen for online or phone ordering and curbside pickup. Delivery and online operations of retail businesses may continue. No customers will be allowed in the stores.
- Gatherings of vehicles, such as drive-in movies or religious services, are allowed, so long as all participants remain in their cars.
Governor Murphy announced today that the State of New Jersey will need at least an additional 1,000 contact tracers as part of the state’s reopening strategy. Residents interested in assisting in New Jersey’s contact tracing efforts can submit their information online: https://covid19.nj.gov/forms/tracer.
Emotional Support Information
If you need emotional support or are feeling anxiety or worry due to the COVID-19 pandemic, you can call the NJ Mental Health Cares number at 1-866-202-HELP (4357). It is staffed with a live mental health specialist 7 days a week, 8 am-8 pm.
Locally, the Nutley Family Service Bureau is accepting referrals and can be reached by calling 973-667-1884.
Department of Public Works
Parking meter enforcement is suspended until further notice. Please support our local businesses!
Health Department Message
Please make every attempt to check in on elderly and/or disabled neighbors. If you are aware of anyone that needs food and/or supplies, please contact the Department of Public Affairs at 973-284-4976.