PARKLAND, FL- Families interested in submitting an application for Broward County Public Schools Head Start/Early Head Start program for the 2020/21 school year, can submit an application during the following open enrollment windows (also see chart for dates and locations):
- February 3–13, 2020
- February 24–29, 2020
- March 7–13, 2020
To apply, families must meet the income eligibility requirements as determined by the Department of Health & Human Services 2020 Poverty Guidelines. Families of children with disabilities and foster children are encouraged to apply. Homeless families are also encouraged to apply.
To complete an application, parents or guardians must provide:
- Proof of age (child's original birth certificate or foreign passport)
- Proof of guardianship (if applicable)
- Parent photo identification
- Proof of all household income for the past 12 months (income is defined as the total money earned or received before deductions for all family members)
- Proof of residence in Broward County
Parents can learn more and schedule an appointment at one of the following locations, dates and times, by visiting browardschools.com/headstart-vpk and completing a pre-application. Completing the pre-application does not guarantee a child will be selected for the program. An in-person interview is required to complete the application process. This program is not a first come, first served program. It is based on federal poverty guidelines.
For more information please visit: Head Start Program