PARKLAND, FL- According to the latest report from the Florida Department of Health, there are 27,495 confirmed cases of COVID-19 and 839 deaths in Florida. Parkland has one new case this week to bring total number to 21 confirmed cases. Coral Springs has 153 confirmed cases of COVID-19. In all, Broward County has 4029 total cases, the second largest number in the state behind Miami-Dade's 9727 cases.
Parkland's City Commission has extended the state of local emergency relating to the COVID-19 pandemic until May, 20, 2020.
Current List of City Closures:
- Parkland City Hall is closed to the public.
- The P-REC at Pine Trails Park is closed and no longer accepting payments in person or online via WebTrac.
- The Parkland Tennis Center at Quigley Park is closed.
- Parkland Library is closed, click here for information on how to check out and pick up materials at the Parkland library
- All City parks
- All previously scheduled City events have been canceled through May 31, 2020
- Walk in the Park (4/25)
- Broward County Property Appraiser (4/27)
- Glow in the Park (5/2)
- Youth Fishing Derby (5/16)
- Aftercare program at the P-REC
- All sports programs and leagues
City Commission Meetings:
- City Hall is closed to the public while employees work a modified schedule Mondays-Thursdays.
- The City’s annual strategic planning session has been postponed until further notice.