PARKLAND, FL- Tuesday launched a very important service for Broward County. Text to 911 service went live on Tuesday morning. County Commissioner Michael Udine was instrumental in bringing this important public safety upgrade to Broward County. Emergency Services ask that you call 911 when you can and text 911 if you can't.
Text 911 instructions according to Broward County:
- Open your message App
- Enter 911 in the “TO” field
- Enter your LOCATION
- Enter a short detail of the emergency
- Hit Send
- Be prepared to answer questions and follow instructions from the 911 call taker
- DO NOT SEND pictures, videos, emoji’s, or group text messages
- DO NOT use abbreviations or slang
- DO NOT send web links or URL's. Call takers do not have internet access
- Text-to-911 is not a social media app. It is to be used for EMERGENCIES only.
For more information please visit: http://www.broward.org/911/Pages/TextTo911.aspx