PARKLAND, FL- Property tax season can be a time of stress and confusion. Here is some basic information to help clear up confusion and hopefully save you time and money.
- 2019 Tax Bills are viewable and payable online. Visit http://www.bcpa.net/
- Pay your Real Estate tax bill in full by November 30 to take advantage of the 4% discount if you do not ready escrow taxes in your mortgage. Property taxes that are escrowed in your mortgage get paid in November to take advantage of the discount. Property taxes paid in December receive a 3% discount.
- All 2019 tax bills must be paid by Tuesday, March 31, 2020, to avoid being delinquent.
- Homestead: If you purchased a new home after January 1, 2019, and have made that property your permanent home, you may pre-file for tax year 2020 Homestead and other exemptions. The timely filing period for Homestead Exemption for 2020 is March 2, 2019 through March 1, 2020. Visit Homestead for more information or to apply.
- Portability: New homebuyers can save significant tax expenses through the Save Our Homes Amendment of the Florida Constitution. The accumulated difference between the assessed value and market value of one's home can be transferred as a tax reduction to the homeowner's new residence. Visit Portability for more information.
For more information please contact Customer Service, Exemptions & General Info at 954.357.6830 or visit http://www.bcpa.net/