PARSIPPANY, NJ - The Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany awarded past President and current Treasurer, Connie Keller the distinction of 'Kiwanian of the Year' at their annual awards dinner. Last year’s honoree, Carol Tiesi, was there to present the award to Keller.
In order to be considered for the 'Kiwanian of the Year' award, the following must be accomplished:
- Be a member in good standing for at least two years
- Attend at least 60% of the meetings for the past two years
- Completed a program that, in the committee’s estimation, deserves superior recognition
- Held an office
- Creatively planned Club activities for the current Kiwanis Year
- Chaired a committee or served on a committee that completed Club work in a superior fashion
- Worked on District or International program that brought recognition to the Club
- Completed a significant number of hours on community projects.
This year's honorary, Connie Keller, became a member of the Kiwanis Club of Greater Parsippany in 2011 and has been active since then. She held the offices of Vice President, President Elect, Club President, and President of the Foundation. She also received the George F. Hixon Fellowship Award in 2014.