MORRISTOWN, NJ - The Morris County Board of Freeholders is offering job guidance and assistance to those laid off by the abrupt closing of Sam's Club in Mount Olive.
The Morris County Board of Freeholders announced that there is assistance available to any Morris County resident who lost their jobs this week to the abrupt closing of Sam's Club in Mount Olive. The company also closed stores in Linden and West Windsor as part of a nationwide move by the company. Hundreds of state residents lost their jobs.
“This is a very difficult time for some of our residents who had no expectation of being put out of work so suddenly, and who are obviously reeling from the store closings,’’ said Freeholder Director Doug Cabana. “Our county agencies are available to help those employees to find new jobs, receive needed re-training, and get the personal assistance they may need as they seek new employment.’’
For assistance, Morris County residents may reach out to the following agencies:
- Morris-Sussex-Warren Employment and Training Services: https://msw-jobtraining.org/ or call 800-870-3478 or 973-285-6880 for an appointment;
- Additional job seeker services are available through the NJ Department of Labor and Workforce Development at the Morris County One-Stop Career Center located at 13 Emery Avenue, Randolph, NJ or visit: http://careerconnections.nj.gov/careerconnections/
- Morris County Office of Temporary Assistance, for Medicaid or the SNAP (food stamps) program: https://hs.morriscountynj.gov/financial/ or call 973-326-7882
- N.J. Dept. of Labor, to file an unemployment claim: http://nj.gov/labor/ui/file.html
- Mental Health Services are available for persons dealing with severe stress due to their job loss through the county’s Disaster Response Crisis Counseling program. Call 973-285-6852 or 973-285-6863
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer.