MORRISTOWN, NJ - In conjunction with the Sheriff's Hope One mobile prgram which was innovated as a solution to our County's opioid epidemic, Navigating Hope will be traveling to Morris County towns including Parsippany and Morristown. Navigating Hope is a mobile social services on-the-go van and it will be hitting the road, offering services to residents in nine locations throughout seven Morris County towns.
Navigating Hope‘s runs are coordinated in many instances with the Morris County Sheriff’s Hope One van, which provides mobile mental health and addiction services across the county. The two programs provide complementary services that may benefit to residents at various locations.
“Navigating Hope, along with Hope One, embraces the county’s Stigma-Free initiative, fostering assistance and treatment for county residents in need,’’ said Morris County Freeholder Kathy DeFillippo, liaison to the county’s Human Services agencies.
Stops through Aug. 29 include locations in Boonton, Dover, Madison, Morris Plains, Morristown, Morris Township, Mount Olive, and Parsippany (see list below).
- Aug. 6, Morris County National Night Out at the Mennen Sports Arena in Morris Township;
- Aug. 8, Shop-Rite in Wharton;
- Aug. 10, Vets Summer Fest at Vasa Park in Budd Lake;
- Aug. 12, Loantaka Park in Morris Township;
- Aug. 15, Madison Community pool in Madison;
- Aug. 22, Community Soup Kitchen in Morristown;
- Aug. 24, Boonton Farmers Market in Boonton
- Aug. 26, Stop & Shop supermarket in Morris Plains;
- Aug. 29, Trinity Soup Kitchen in Dover.
Check out the Navigating Hope calendar for any additions or changes.