HANOVER, NJ - There is a traffic advisory in effect for this weekend - April 24th through April 27th - for the westbound ramp to Rt. 287 coming from Route 10. There will also be one lane closed on Route 10 westbound in Hanover. This is part of a roadway improvement project authorized by the state of New Jersey.
The roadwork begins at 7pm on April 24th. The following signed detour will be in place this weekend:
Route 10 westbound to I-287 southbound detour:
· Motorists traveling on Route 10 westbound wishing to take the ramp to I-287 southbound will be directed to continue on Route 10 westbound
· Take Ridgedale Avenue South U-turn (Dryden Way/Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls exit)
· Stay left for Ridgedale Ave./Cedar Knolls
· Keep right and take the ramp to Route 10 eastbound
· Take the ramp to I-287 southbound
The $4.5 million state-funded project will reconstruct a half-mile portion of Route 10 westbound, which is in poor condition. The project also includes the installation of improved overhead signage and guiderail replacement, which will be completed during the week following the completion of weekend closures.
Advance warning and variable messaging signs are being utilized to provide advance notification to the motoring public of all traffic pattern changes associated with the work.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors.