LITTLE FALLS, NJ - Finally there’s a book that parents, grandparents, and other adults can read to children to keep them safe.
Join author Donna Fantacone at The Fine Grind, 101 Newark-Pompton Turnpike in Little Falls on Saturday, May 20 from 12 to 1:30pm for this fun book signing and reading for young kids and their families.
Fantacone teamed up with illustrator Francesca Leipzig Picone to share words of wisdom from Officer Tony in this colorful book geared to helping children avoid danger.Officer Tony helps keep children safe with critical advice — and colorful photos make learning the lessons fun and easy. Tips include:
- Summer is fun, but you should never swim alone.
- Always pay attention to your surroundings—even when walking on a sidewalk.
- Make sure you know how to dial 911 in case of an emergency.
- Always tell an adult you know if someone is bothering you.
- Remember it is the law to wear a helmet while riding your bike.
- Whether you’re taking a child swimming, crafting an emergency plan, or trying to help a child navigate other dangerous situations, Officer Tony delivers caring advice that youngsters need.
Books will be for sale at the event. For more information, visit the Fine Grind Coffee Bar’s website at www.tfgcoffee.com