WOODLAND PARK, NJ - If your home is eligible for the Senior Tax Freeze program, you should have already received your application, according to the tax office of the Borough of Woodland Park. First time applicants should utilize the eligibility information below. In order to submit your application, your taxes must be certified. Procedures for submitting form PTR-1A or PTR-2A for certification:
- Fill out Part 1 completely
- Mail form or drop form in the tax and water drop box, located in the Police Department foyer at 5 Brophy Lane
- Include a self-addressed stamped envelope
- Certified form will be mailed back to you
For all questions, please call the Tax Office at 973-345-8100, ext. 101. For more information, visit www.njtaxation.org, select "Property Tax Relief," and then "Senior Freeze Program;" or call 1-800-882-6597.
2020 Eligibility Requirements:
- You were age 65 or older on Dec. 31, 2019, or you were receiving Social Security disability payments on Dec. 31, 2019, and also on Dec. 31, 2020; and
- You lived in NJ continuously since Dec. 31, 2009, or earlier as either a homeowner or renter; and
- You owned and lived in your home or leased a site in a mobile home park for a manufactured or mobile home that you owned since Dec. 31, 2016, or earlier; and
- You paid all 2019 property taxes by June 1, 2020, and all 2020 property taxes by June 1, 2021; and
- Your annual income was less than $91,505 in 2019 and less than $92,969 in 2020. With some exceptions, all income must be taken into account, including Social Security, pension, etc.