LITTLE FALLS, NJ - The Little Falls Public Library announces the following upcoming events. The library is located at 8 Warren St. To register for programs, call 973-256-2784 or visit www.littlefallslibrary.org.
- Join in on Tuesday, Jan. 3 at 7 p.m. for the library’s book club meeting. It will be discussing Jeff Hobb’s "The Short and Tragic Life of Robert Peace." All are welcome and light refreshments will be served.
- LEGORAMA for children ages 5 and up will be held on Wednesday, Jan. 4 from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. Registration is required.
- Color Your World, a relaxing, adult coloring session will be held on on Friday, Jan. 6 at 1 p.m. The library will will supply all materials; no registration is required.
- The library will host a movie matinee on Monday, Jan. 9 at 1 p.m. showing "Cafe Society." Looking for an exciting career, young Bobby Dorfman (Jesse Eisenberg) leaves New York for the glitz and glamour of 1930s Hollywood. After landing a job with his uncle (Steve Carrell), Bobby falls for Vonnie (Kristen Stewart), a charming woman who happens to be his employer's mistress. This PG-13 rated film comes from acclaimed director Woody Allen.
- A "Duct Tape Craft" session will be held for kids age 8 and up on Monday, Jan. 9 at 6:30 p.m. Bring your creativity. The library will supply materials. Registration is required.
- The next session of "Tail Waggin Tutors" is planned for Wednesday, Jan. 11 at 5:30 p.m. The main objective of the Tail Waggin’ Tutors program is to create a relaxed, friendly atmosphere in which school-aged children can practice their reading skills by reading to a trained therapy dog. It’s a great way to help children build their confidence and reading skills and dogs do not mind if you make mistakes. Registration is required.
- Winter story time will resume on Monday, Jan. 30. Registration for Little Falls residents begins Jan. 9. Registration for non-residents begins Jan. 17. Registration for all preschoolers begins Jan. 4.
Rhyme Time (birth-24 months): Thursdays at 10:30 a.m. Babies will be introduced to simple books, rhymes and music. This story time is followed by a time for free play and socialization.
Toddlers (2 to 3 years): Tuesdays at 11 a.m. The toddler story time consists of age appropriate stories, rhymes, finger plays and music followed by a simple craft.
Preschool (4 to 5 years): first Wednesday of every month at 1:30 p.m. We will share books, sing songs, play games and end with a craft. Registration for this story time be held at the first class on Wednesday, Jan. 4.
- Saturday Family Story Time, first Saturday of every month at 10:30 a.m.. We will read simple stories, sing, and offer lots of opportunities for movement and participation through finger plays and action rhymes. Saturday story time usually lasts about 25 minutes and is followed by a free play session, giving adults and children the chance to socialize and interact.
- The library now offers two weekly Vinyasa Yoga sessions with instructor Stacey Myers-Smith, RYT-200. These sessions will be held on Mondays at 11:30 a.m. and Fridays at 11 a.m. Cost is $5 per session. Vinyasa Yoga is a very calming way to escape the chaotic and stressful world. You do not need to be physically flexible to participate. Bring your own towel or yoga mat. Registration is not necessary.