The Alfred H. Baumann Free Public Library, 7 Brophy Lane, Woodland Park, announces the following upcoming events:
- LEGOmania will take place on the second Saturday of the month at 11 a.m. for children in grades K and up. Dates for winter session will include Jan. 14, Feb. 11 and March 11. Create LEGO sculptures based on a variety of themes. The library supplies the LEGOs for this drop-in program. No registration required.
- Arts and crafts will be held on the first Saturday of the month at 11 a.m. for children in grades K to 4. Dates for winter session include Jan. 7, Feb. 4, and March 4. Registration is required on the event calendar at www.abwplibrary.org.
- Family movies are shown at the library on the fourth Sunday of the month at 12:30 p.m. Appropriate for all ages. Dates for winter session include Jan. 22, Feb. 26, and March 26. Drop-in program. No registration required. Find out what movie is playing on the event calendar at www.abwplibrary.org.
- The Baumann Book Club will meet on Dec. 28 at 6:45 p.m. to discuss Debbie Macomber's book “There's Something About Christmas.” New members are always welcome. Light refreshments will be served. Copies of the book are available at the circulation desk.
- Winter Reading 2017: Children of all ages are welcome to participate in "Warm Up With a Good Book" winter reading program. For each book you read the library add a marshmallow with your name written to a giant hot chocolate mug. The program begins Monday, Jan. 9, and ends Friday, March 31. Online registration will be available at www.abwplibrary.org in the winter reading tab or call the library at 973-345-8120.
- Interested in crocheting or knitting? The Tuesday Night Yarn Club will meet every Tuesday at 6:30 p.m. Every third Tuesday of the month there will be an advanced coach on hand for more difficult projects. We will also be introducing some cool projects and patterns at all different levels. Register online at www.abwplibrary.org on the events calendar or call 973-345-8120.
- Thank you to the Woodland Park Business Association for their generous donation to sponsor Museum Passes for the residents of Woodland Park. Their donations along with a generous donation from the Friends of the Alfred H. Baumann Free Public Library has enabled the library to purchase the following Museum Passes: The Intrepid, The Guggenheim Museum, The Brooklyn Museum, The American Museum of Natural History and The Newark Museum. Museum Passes are on a first come first served basis. Please review the policy before checking out the passes. Call the library with any questions.