WOODLAND PARK, NJ - The Alfred H. Baumann Free Public Library has announced its 22nd annual poetry contest, open to all ages.
Contest categories are as follows: kindergarten to second grade, third and fourth grade, fifth and sixth grade, seventh and eighth grade, high school to age 18, and 18 and older. The contest is for Woodland Park residents, Passaic Valley High School students and Berkeley College students.
All works submitted will be bound in a book and added to the library's permanent collection. Prizes will be awarded for first to third place in each category.
Winners will be asked to read their selections at a poetry-reading program scheduled for June 8.
Deadline for entries is April 29.
- Poems may be written in any form
- Poems must be original and unpublished
- Poems must be typed or clearly printed on a single sheet of 8 1/2 by 11 paper
- Submissions will be accepted as an email attachment sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, with "poetry contest" as the subject line
- Three print copies or one electronic copy must be submitted by April 29 by 3 p.m.
- The BACK of each page or the BODY of the email must include the author's name, address, telephone number, and category (please print clearly)
For more information, visit http://www.abwplibrary.org/ or call the library at 973-345-8120. The library is located at 7 Brophy Lane.