WOODLAND PARK, NJ - The Woodland Park Summer Camp held a parent meeting on June 11 where attendees could meet the directors and other staff members, learn about their child's daily schedule, and get answers to any questions they had.
The camp will be led by director Shannon Marren and assistant directors Christina Scillieri and Danielle Indri. Marren has been with the camp for seven years. Scillieri teaches 6th grade science at Memorial School. Indri serves as guidance counselor for Charles Olbon and Beatrice Gilmore Schools.
“I have the utmost faith in Shannon’s team,” Mayor Kazmark said at the meeting, adding that children will be enjoying completely renovated and expanded facilities due to the recent completion of $1.1 in work at both Zaccaria and Rose Place parks.
Parents are encouraged to “like” the camp on Facebook, as photos of activities and reminders would be posted regularly. Marren noted that if parents have any concerns or questions they should call or email the camp and not post on the Facebook page. Camp reminders will strictly be emailed to parents via the Community Pass system.
The children are broken down in to three groups - grades K-2, 3-5 and 6-8. Activities were designed by educators and are age appropriate for each group of campers.
Other important notes:
- On the first day of camp, parents must park and bring their child to check in. Bring immunization records and proof of residency. Campers will receive their t-shirt and badge on the first day
- No hand-held games, toys, iPods, or phones are permitted.
- Label all items brought to camp (lunch box, towel, bags, etc.)
- An EMT is on staff daily at the camp from 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Apply sunscreen before the day begins. A camper may bring spray sunscreen with them to camp if needed.
Any questions prior to camp opening can be directed to email@example.com. Once camp is in session, parents can contact the camp at 973-278-5053 or firstname.lastname@example.org.