LITTLE FALLS, NJ - This year Passaic Valley is offering an eight-session preparation course for the SAT through the Passaic Valley Regional High School Education Foundation (PVRHSEF). Classes begin Tuesday, March 5 in preparation for the May 4 SAT exam. This is an effort to help your child raise his/her SAT score.
Each class is divided equally into Evidence Based Reading (EBRW) and Math preparation. Students must attend each of the eight classes, complete the required homework, which amounts to an average of two-and-a-half hours of home study per week, and be attentive in class to see maximum results in raising scores.
The reduced rate for this program is $350, which includes books. Students must bring their own calculator.
Visit collegeboard.org for calculator polices and regulations. Free/reduced lunch students are eligible for a further reduction in price. See your school counselor with your registration form for approval.
The registration form for the course can be found at /www.pvhs.k12.nj.us/foundationsatprep. Deadline for registration is Feb. 14.
Below are the times and dates for the class. Note the different days of the week and times for some of the classes:
- Tuesday March 5, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. - SAT Diagnostic & Course Orientation
- Wednesday March 13, 6 to 9 p.m. - Classroom Session 1
- Wednesday March 20, 6 to 9 p.m. - Classroom Session 2
- Wednesday March 27, 6 to 9 p.m. - Classroom Session 3
- Wednesday April 3, 6 to 9 p.m. - Classroom Session 4
- Wednesday April 10, 6 to 9 p.m. - Classroom Session 5
- Tuesday April 16, 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. - Final SAT Test
- Wednesday May 1, 6 to 9 p.m. - Test Results and Classroom Session 6
If school is cancelled due to inclement weather, SAT classes will be cancelled as well.
For registration questions, contact the PVHS Guidance Department at 973-890-2520.