The Friends of Passaic County Parks, Inc. in partnership with the Passaic County Board of Chosen Freeholders will host the fair from Aug. 15 to Aug. 18, from 6 to 11 p.m. on Thursday and Friday, and 3 to 11 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Admission is free, and parking is $5 per car.
Highlights include fireworks show on Friday and Saturday night at 9 p.m., amusement rides, a petting zoo and pony rides, chess tournament, a full four days of bands, and a daily 50/50 drawing.
Thursdays are Family Day at the Passaic County Fair. For $20, you can purchase a wristband that allows unlimited access to all rides at the fair. Wristbands are available for purchase at the fair, and are only available on Thursday. For more information, call 973-881-4405 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Follow the event Facebook page at facebook.com/pcfair/ for updates.
Fair entertainment schedule:
Thursday, Aug. 15:
- The Dalton Gang, 6 to 7:30 p.m.
- The Kootz, 8 to 11 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 16:
- Inner City Ensemble, 6 to 7 p.m.
- Opening ceremony, 7 p.m.
- Magician, 7:30 to 9 p.m.
- Fireworks, 9 p.m.
- Riff, 9:30 to 11 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 17:
- School of Rock Wayne, 3:15 to 4:30 p.m.
- AM Radio Tribute, 5 to 7 p.m.
- Memories, 8 to 11 p.m.
- Fireworks, 9 p.m.
Sunday, Aug. 18:
- Uncle Floyd, 3:30 to 4:30 p.m.
- Swingman & The Misfit-Mutts, 5:30 to 7 p.m.
Just some of the food and drink vendors scheduled to be at the fair include: El Tio Charro, Bibi Ice Cream, Kona Ice, Bubble Tea, Cocina Cecilia, Sweet Concessions, Tasty Trolly, Tacos Piques, Johnny Zeppoli, Kettle Corn King, Mom’s Food Concessions, Cousins Maine Lobster, The Chippery Inc., Clyde’s Italian Ice, Mister Softee, R&H Catering, Grilly Cheese, Doughnut Evolution Pastry, Pinas Locas, Delicious Latin Food and Bountiful Bakery.
The Passaic County 4-H and RCE will offer the following activities:
- Thursday, Aug. 15 - 6 to 9 p.m. - Archery
- Friday, Aug. 16 - 6 to 9 p.m. - Archery
- Friday, Aug. 16 - 6 p.m. - Hula hoop contest
- Saturday, Aug. 17 - 3 to 9 p.m. - Archery
- Saturday, Aug. 17 - 5 and 5:30 p.m. - Watermelon eating contest
- Sunday, Aug. 18 - 3 to 9 p.m. - Archery
- Sunday, Aug. 18 - 6 p.m. - Hula hoop contest