WOODLAND PARK, NJ - The Alfred Baumann Library is kicking off its summer reading program - A Universe of Stories - with a free concert in Dowling Gardens, Dowling Parkway at McBride Avenue, on Wednesday, June 26 at 6:30 p.m. with Steve Pullara and his Cool Beans Band.
Grammy recipient Pullara brings his popular Cool Beans Band for an interactive children's family concert. Come early and pull up a blanket or a folding chair. All are welcome. Bring your kids and grand-kids for a rollicking musical time through Steve's 20-plus years of award winning songs.
Registration for summer programming at Alfred Baumann Library, 7 Brophy Lane, is now open. For more information to or register, visit https://www.abwplibrary.org/events. To register for the summer reading program, visit https://www.abwplibrary.org/summer-reading-program-registratio.
- Curiosity in the Kitchen - Wednesdays at 4 p.m., July 3 to Aug. 14 (grades 4 and up)
- Here’s the Scoop ice cream making - Monday, July 8, 4:30 p.m. (grades 4-8)
- Far Out Fruits - Monday, July 15, 4:30 p.m. (grades 4-8)
- Blast Off into STEM - Saturday, July 27, 10:30 a.m.
- Roaming Readers - Thursdays at 4:15 p.m. June 27 to Aug. 15 (grades 4-8)
- Escape the Library Space Race - Wednesday, Aug. 21 at 2 p.m. and 3:15 p.m. (grades 5-8)
- Super Space Party - Saturday, July 20, 11 a.m. (grades 3-5)
- Out of this World Science - July 1, Aug. 5 (grades 5-8)
- Mindfulness for Kids - Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m. July 3 to Aug. 14 (grades K-4)
- Night at the Planetarium, Friday, Aug. 9, 6 p.m. at the Boys & Girls Club. Special partnership program with the WP Municipal Alliance. Pick up your copy of "Fly Guy Presents: Space" at the library starting July 29, and fly into the night sky in Pearl Observatory’s mobile planetarium on Aug. 9.
- Space Spelling Bee - Friday, Aug. 16, 2 p.m. (grades 3-5, 6-8)
- Jedi Academy - Friday, Aug. 2, 3 p.m. (grades K and up)