TOTOWA, NJ - The Totowa Public Library, located at 537 Totowa Rd., will be having an elder law and estate planning workshop on Tuesday, March 17 at 7 p.m.
Benjamin D. Eckman, an attorney-at-law and a member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, will help teach you how to successfully safeguard your assets from taxes, probate and nursing home costs. During the workshop, Eckman will discuss the following five topics:
- What five legal documents every resident should have.
- What taxes will you pay when you pass away?
- How will you afford a $12,000 a month nursing home bill?
- How can you plan for disabled beneficiaries?
- What special trusts are used to protect you home and IRA’s?