WOODLAND PARK, NJ - The Borough of Woodland Park has updated its closures and restrictions due to the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
As of Monday, March 16, at 2 p.m., Passaic County has had eight positive test results. The Borough of Woodland Park was informed by the County Health Department of one presumptive positive COVID-19 test of a Woodland Park resident. The resident is a 21-year-old male. He is quarantined at home and is currently asymptomatic.
CLOSURES, CANCELLATIONS, POSTPONEMENTS AND RESTRICTIONS:
The following closures, cancellations, postponements and restrictions have been ordered both at the State and local level.
The Office of Gov. Phil Murphy announced the following restrictions:
- Gatherings larger than 50 people will be prohibited.
- All gyms, movie theaters, casinos and racetracks will be closed moving forward.
- All bars and restaurants are closed for eat-in services until further notice. These establishments may open for takeout and delivery services only.
- The Governor is recommending that people should not travel between 8 p.m. and 5 a.m. The goal will be to discourage people from traveling at those times.
- Establishments such as supermarkets, pharmacies, medical offices and gas stations will not be affected by the closures. They will remain open to provide services for all residents.
Woodland Park Senior Citizen Programs:
- The West Paterson Boys & Girls Club is closed for all Senior Citizen programs, including weekly meetings.
- The “Young at Heart Club” meetings have been suspended.
- The Senior Bus is operational at this time; however, this will be re-assessed on a day-by-day basis.
Alfred H. Baumann Free Public Library:
- The Library is closed to the public. Materials can be returned in the book drop only. However, if you cannot get to the Library, all due dates will be extended through April 3. All late fees will be waived.
- The Library will be issuing temporary library cards to residents, call the Library for more information at 973-345-8120.
- The Library encourages you to explore its digital resources at www.abwplibrary.org. Also, follow the Library on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter @abwplibrary for updates.
Woodland Park Non-Profit and Social Club Facilities:
- The West Paterson Boys & Girls Club has suspended all games, practices, programs, events and get-togethers until further notice.
- The Roma Club has closed until the end of the month.
- The American Legion Post #238 has closed Legion Hall until further notice.
Woodland Park School District:
- District schools have been closed and school activities are canceled until further notice, based upon the Governor’s Executive Order.
- Breakfast and lunches are being served; in a “grab and go” style each day the District is closed, from the entrance of Memorial Middle School, 15 Memorial Dr., between the hours of 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. Any student who receives free and reduced lunch will receive meals based upon their designation. Any student who buys lunch is welcome to purchase, as usual, between said hours.
- The Municipal Building is open for normal, daily operations. Efforts have been put in place to disinfect common areas of the building multiple times per day and distance staff from the public while still providing services.
- The Mayor and Council meeting will take place on Wednesday, March 18, as scheduled. However, the presentation portion of the meeting has been postponed. Council Members will be allowed to participate via call in.
- Municipal Court sessions have been suspended from Monday, March 16 to Friday, March 27. Those scheduled to appear before court should not appear and should await notice of a new court date. Municipal courts will continue to handle certain matters such as protective orders and search warrants as well as others that implicate public safety. Court offices will remain open and filings and payments will continue to be accepted.
The Borough will re-evaluate these and future cancellations/postponements on an as-needed basis.
Residents are encouraged to use the following resources should they have additional questions or concerns:
Additional Guidance & Resources:
- NJ Department of Health – General Information Page
- Center for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) – General Information Page
- CDC – Home Isolation Guide
- NJDOH – Local Health Department Directory
- NJPIES, 24-Hour Public Hotline: 1-800-222-1222
For Out-Of-State Phonelines: 1-800-962-1253
- Passaic County Department of Health, 973-881-4326
For additional question, concerns or additional information ncov.doh.nj.gov.
Email questions to NJ Department of Health at NCOV@doh.gov.