- Little Falls Library Plans Three Saturday Special Events
- Totowa Board of Adjustment Delays Decision On Asphalt Plant
- Washington Park Students, Staff Raise $17K With Annual Cancer Walk
- Little Falls Holds Vigil For Domestic Violence Prevention Month
- Little Falls Shows Support For Breast Cancer Awareness
The American Cancer Society's Great American Smokeout is this Thursday, Nov. 16.
Despite an overall decrease in the number of smokers today, one out of five adults still smokes. The Great American Smokeout was started by the American Cancer Society in 1977 as a day to challenge smokers to quit smoking for 24 hours while increasing awareness of the dangers of smoking.