WOODLAND PARK, NJ - The West Paterson Fire Department held its annual installation dinner at The Brownstone. Mayor Keith Kazmark swore in all current officers who serve the department.
The Department honored and recognized Past Assistant Chief Joe Macones for his 18 years of service as Assistant Chief and and for his dedication to the department serving as training officer and mentor.
Fire Company 3 recognized Past Department Chief and current Assistant Chief Jack Wittig for 60 years of service to the Department and Fire Company 3. Throughout Jack's career with the Department he served in all officer ranks and served as Department Chief from 1992 - 2000. He is very knowledgeable and never hesitates to pass down what he knows to the younger members.
Fire Company 3 recognized Gun For Hire, 1267 McBride Ave., for its recent fundraiser where you would shoot a custom built gun and tally your score on a target. The participant who scored highest won the custom built rifle. Gun for Hire donated all funds back to Fire Company 3 in support for its Fire Rebuilding Campaign. CEO and Founder of Gun For Hire Anthony Colandro was acknowledged for his support to the company and was made an honorary member of Fire Company 3. Gun For Hire presented a check for $3,000 from the fundraiser to the Department at the event.
Also recognized was:
- Sean Raub - For holding rank of 1st Lt.
- Anthony Ficarra - For holding rank of Captain
- John Irwin - For rank of 2nd Lt. and Sergeant at Arms and Co.1
- Richard Esty - 27 years as Secretary with Co.1
- Sam Gaita Jr. - 10 years of service with Department and Co. 3
- Ryan Berthold - 10 years of service with Department and Co.3
- Savino Balducci - 10 years of service with Department and Co.3
- Mike Diana - 25 years of service with Department and Co. 3
- Jim Frain - 20 years of service with Department and Co. 3