PATERSON, NJ – Five city streets will be repaved using a $489,000 grant from the New Jersey Department of Transportation.
The City Council on Tuesday is scheduled to take a preliminary vote on an ordinance appropriating the funds. A public hearing and final approval would be scheduled for June if the ordinance passes on first reading.
The streets picked for the funding are:
- Rosa Park Boulevard from Lafayette to 12 avenues
- E. 19th Street from 17th Avenue to Market Street
- Mill Street from Market through Oliver streets
- Knickerbocker Avenue from Wabash through Trenton avenues
- Holsman Street from Presidential Boulevard to Haledon Avenue
Public Works Director Christopher Coke said he was trying to find other sources of revenue so that more streets could be repaved. For example, Coke said, Passaic County will be providing funding for the repaving of various county roads within Paterson, including Market Street.