As New Jersey works to contain the effects of COVID-19, here is something easy you can do to help—fill out #2020Census. April 1, 2020 was Census Day, and this is a quick and easy way to help your community. Census data is used to forecast future transportation and health care needs, as well as strengthen public safety plans for emergencies and natural disasters. #FillitOut online TODAY: https://my2020census.gov/
If you have any questions, about the census, what it looks like, what to expect, or how to fill it out online, please visit the 4CS Census hub: https://www.4cspassaic.org/census-2020/
Now, the WE COUNT! Book. A Census Counting Book for Kids, (and the Grownups That Love Them)
Under one adorable cover, the WE COUNT! book provides:
- An interactive, counting book with illustrations of diverse American families.
- Portraits by different artists, each representing their own cultural heritage.
- Simple, clear, and comprehensive guidance on counting households for the census -including the complicated living arrangements that researchers have identified as most likely to confuse.
- An explanation of how Census 2020 data is used, and how families benefit from being counted.
- An introduction to civic engagement: being seen, being counted, voting and organizing.
The books: www.wecountkids.org/ebooks is free with promo code: Download.
You can read all 15 versions of WE COUNT! in book-like (and adorable) story books online, or download the PDF. Feel free to share the address with teachers, partners and families. If you want to embed the books on your OWN website or social media, it is not hard to do—give us a holler and we are happy to help!