PATERSON, NJ - From 1837 through 1926, five Paterson manufacturing plants built more than 10,000 locomotives. In tribute to that history, the Paterson Museum at 2 Market Street is hosting a Lionel Electric Model Train Exhibit through January 2.

This is the first Lionel display shown in Paterson. The exhibit will feature eight trains running through highly detailed scenery, plus concept artwork, information, products and more. In 1959, Lionel issued its first retrospective engine, The General, which was modeled after the 1855 Rogers Locomotive that was made in Paterson. 
The hours of the exhibit are Tues. to Fri, 10 am to 4 pm, and Sat. and Sun., from 12:30 to 4:30 pm. The museum, which charges adults $2 and is free to children, is closed on Mondays and holidays. For information, call 973-321-1260.