PATERSON, N.J. - Despite conflicting reports and information spread across social media, Tuesday February 28, the Paterson Board of Education will be discussing "budget priorities" at their meeting.

Tuesday morning there were reports by the New Jersey Pulse News which slammed board member Jonathan Hodges for spreading false news about a "budget hearing" tonight. Upon looking at the graphics and statements Hodges shared on his Facebook account, Hodges called the meetings "budget discussions" and "budget priority sessions". 

TAPinto Paterson asked the district spokeswoman Terry Corallo if the budget discussions were still on the agenda for tonights meeting and she responded "The Boards budget priorities will be discussed but there will be no budget dollars presentation".

Sign Up for E-News

This recent attack comes as last week the longest serving board of education member (Dr. Jonathan Hodges) was attacked in what him and his allies are calling a "scripted" move. Their focus was on social media posts where he said the board was hiding something by canceling a prior scheduled budget discussion. Hodges said he was not given a reason for the cancellation.

Board member Manny Martinez said at the meeting that a simple "phone call" could have explained the manner. 

Irving said that this board would be together for a while and that "we have to figure out a way to work with each other”.