Dear Council members
Congratulations on your election results. The loss of Councilman Goow is a tough one. I hope you will be respectful towards him, remember, some of you came very close to following him last night.
For those of you with a perceived wide margin of victory, this really is no time for celebration or grandstanding at all, your numbers actually weren't that great either.
When you look at the unofficial poll numbers they offer some sobering thoughts.
- 18% of all registered voters turned out. This is dismal. 82% of those eligible to vote did not bother.
- In one ward it took less than 900 votes to secure a win. (4th ward)
- One candidate won by 48 votes (1st ward)
- Another candidate won by 99 votes. (3rd Ward)
- The Councilman at large winner pulled in less than 5,000 votes.
- Winners of the 1st, 2nd 3rd and 6th wards all polled less than 1500 votes each.
- Winners of the 4th and 5th wards polled less than 1,000 votes.