PATERSON, NJ - Six Paterson students at the School of Business, Marketing, Technology and Finance (BTMF) will have a chance to continue their education for free thanks to the awards of full tuition scholarships to attend New Jersey City University (NJCU).
Four students were named Presidential Scholars by NJCU on their basis of their SAT scores and grade point averages.
“I want to congratulate all of the students who were accepted to the New Jersey City University and awarded funding to enable them to attend,” said Superintendent of Schools Eileen F. Shafer. “All of them have worked very hard to get into college, and I want to thank their teachers and administrators who have helped them get to this point, as well as their parents and families who have supported them every step of the way.”
The students who have been awarded scholarships are as follows:
- Suleimy Nunez - Full Tuition Scholarship - Presidential Scholar
- Isabel Figueroa - Full Tuition Scholarship - Presidential Scholar
- Enyeli Galvez - Full Tuition Scholarship - Presidential Scholar
- Anyeli Galvez- Full Tuition Scholarship - Presidential Scholar
- Savannah Vargas - Full Tuition Scholarship
- Ty'Alyah Tann- Full Tuition Scholarship
BTMF is one of the four career-oriented academies at the John F. Kennedy Education Complex, and one of 12 in the school district.
Know a story we should share with readers? Email editor Steve Lenox and tell him about it.