While I hope all of your readers changed their clocks before they went to bed on Saturday, I also hope they took the time to replace the batteries in their smoke and carbon monoxide detectors!
These two little units, when working properly, can make all the difference in saving lives! In the event of a fire or carbon monoxide leak in the home seconds count! Every second an individual is exposed to flames, smoke, or carbon monoxide, can quite literally mean the difference between life and death.
I recommend also that readers remind any children in their homes what to do in the event one of these alarms is activated. Everyone should know the safest escape route to get outside, and under no circumstances should they ever go back in for anything, or anyone.
So again, make it a practice to change the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors every time you change your clock! If the ones in your home are more than ten years old, they should be replaced.
Here’s to a new season of fire safety all across our great city of Paterson.
FMBA Local 2
(FMBA Local 2 is the union that represents Paterson’s firefighters)
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer. Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor.