HILLSBOROUGH, NJ - Massage Envy owner Greg Robertson, his staff and clients are saying thanks the best way they know how by offering one-hour massages at no cost to central New Jersey hospital workers and EMTs for their selfless dedication to the community during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The owner, his staff of massage therapists and their clients are underwriting the expense of the free massages at three locations owned by Robertson - Hillsborough, Flemington and Princeton/Lawrenceville.
He came up with the idea watching the news on TV during the height of the pandemic, inspired by a segment reporting on a pizzeria's donation of pizzas to the medical staff of a metropolitan-area hospital.
"Now is a time to come together as a New Jersey business owner and resident and give back to the community," Robertson said.
Following his lead, all 45 Massage Envy locations in New Jersey adopted the program and are working with other area hospitals.
Hospital representatives From St. Peter's Medical Center, New Brunswick, Hunterdon Medical Center in Flemington and Capital Health Care, Princeton, have been invited to a presentation at Massage Envy, 30 Falcon Road on Tuesday, Aug. 11 at 10 a.m. where they will receive 650 massage coupons - a total value of $65,000 - for distribution to hospital staff
Robertson re-opened his Massage Envy spas on June 22 after being closed for more than three months by Gov. Phil Murphy's executive orders implemented to help deter the spread of COVID-19.
The owner has instituted a strict set of COVID-19 protocols and health/safety requirements for staff and clients to follow:
- most chairs have been removed from the lobby; all massage sessions are by appointment-only. Clients must wait outside the spa and send a text message before they are permitted to come inside;
- all who enter the building have their temperature checked;
- sanitizing stations have been installed in each of the massage suites;
- masks must be worn and social distancing is in effect at all times; six-foot distance markers have been installed throughout the public areas of the building;
- there is a mandatory 15-minute period in between each massage to allow cleansing and changing of all towels and sheets. All laundry is sent out to a commercial cleaner. Medical-grade disinfectants are used to cleanse the suites.
- EPA-approved air filtration and circulation systems have been installed in each massage suite.
Further information is available by calling (908) 281-7995.