1. Why are you running for re-election to the Piscataway Township council?
This year will be my third term as a councilman and I would like to continue to provide services that will enhance the greatness of Piscataway. I am an advocate of our seniors’ population, youth sports and cultures. This mindset has promoted Piscataway’s cultures and diversity programs, promoted health and wellness programs for our citizens and provided programs for youth without cost. I have learned during the past eight years to always be responsive to residents’ concerns and maintain good communications with all Piscataway citizens.
I have heard it said that I am retiring. This is not true. I have no plans to retire at this stage of life. My life style is great for me in this community.
2. What specific things do I expect to accomplish?
- Continue to hold the line on Township spending and create a more efficient government.
- Maintain sound financial management – Piscataway is one of only a few towns in New Jersey to achieve AA+ bond rating
- Advocate for the residents of the second ward
- Continue to improve our parks and recreation programs
- Promote health and wellness for our citizens
- Promote Piscataway’s culture and diversity programs
- Provide the best police and public safety programs
- Maintain Piscataway’s designation as a nationally recognized Sports town USA
- Improve road networks and traffic conditions
ABOUT JIM BULLARD:
PROFESSIONAL CAREER SUMARY - 45 years (Retired in April 2006)
A Senior Information Management Technologist with broad and in-depth experience in Telecommunications Architecture design, Business Processes and Professional Services. Expertise in Sales, Project management, Systems Engineering, Rapid Prototype Development of web-based process automation applications, Marketing research, Product/Offer management.
- Ward 2 Councilman – Two terms
- Recreation Advisory Commission – Chair (Personal Advocate)
- Piscataway Community Television (PCTV) - Cameraman, Production Instructor, Reporter, Stage Manager
- Senior Citizen Advisory Commission – Advisor (Personal Advocate)
- Cultural Arts Commission – Advisor
- Co-Developer for the Piscataway Township’s and Piscataway Democratic websites
- Municipal Alliance – Advisor (Personal Advocate)
Jersey access Group (JAG) – Municipal Excellence - 2017
Inducted into the Regional Babe Ruth Baseball Hall of fame – 2014
Piscataway Community Television (PCTV) - Volunteer of the year 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 And 2015
Piscataway Township - Volunteer Citizen of the year 2002
University of Mass (Lowell) – Formally known as Lowell Technological Institute
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Technology (with honors)
- Associate in Engineering Technology (with honors)
University of New Hampshire - The Whitmore School of Business & Economics
- A graduate of the Executive Development Program - Executive Development Certificate