PISCATAWAY, NJ – Citing “educational innovation” and “student achievement,” Educational Services Commission of New Jersey’s (ESCNJ) Superintendent Mark J. Finkelstein recently announced the 2016-2017 Governor Educator of the Year recipients.
The recipients were formally recognized and presented plaques at a recent Board of Directors meeting.
“Teachers play a central role in the lives of students, and your efforts and commitment are appreciated,” Dr. Susan Genco, a board presenter. “We are extremely proud of your accomplishments with ESCNJ students.”
The ESCNJ’s 2016-2017 Governor Educator of the Year recipients are:
· Piscataway Regional Day School: Marie Phelan and Marianna Pierce.
· Academy Learning Center: Colleen Patterson
· Bright Beginnings Learning Center: Lindsey Medeiros and Kaitlyn Regan
· Center for Lifelong Learning: Nancy Begamey and Kazumi Tomizawa
· Nonpublic Department: Susan Brennan and Patrick Downes
The ESCNJ operates six Middlesex County schools for student’s ages 3-21 with autism, multiple disabilities, and at-risk behaviors, in addition to providing special education services to school districts statewide. The largest Educational Services Commission in New Jersey, the ESCNJ also coordinates transportation services for over 10,000 students across the state, and manages a 1,100 member Co-op Pricing System, the largest cooperative buying program in New Jersey.