NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ — It certainly wasn’t the biggest blaze city firefighters have ever battled, but its cause was a bit strange.

Firefighters responded to a fire at the AMC Loews New Brunswick 18 theater off Route 1 after receiving a call at 8:39 p.m., according to a city spokesperson. Upon arrival, they found one of the building’s external light fixtures ablaze.

How did this happen? A squirrel. Yes, one of the furry critters apparently built its nest too close to the light, causing it to ignite, according to the city.

Sign Up for E-News

Firefighters quickly cut power to the light fixture and extinguished to fire.

“It was a minor incident and did not extend into the building,” city spokesperson Jennifer Bradshaw said.

No injuries—human, at least—were reported as a result of the fire.