PISCATAWAY, N.J. (Oct. 12, 2019) – Rutgers swimming and diving won all 19 events to complete its domination of the Preseason Tune-Up meet, including 14 on Saturday at the Rutgers Aquatics Center.
Sophomore Terka Grusova had her hand in six victories for the Scarlet Knights, with three individuals wins and three relay victories.
|THE BOTTOM LINE|
- The Scarlet Knights' sweep of each event added up to 1,482 points, well ahead of Seton Hall's 787 and Rider's 497.
|FIRST THINGS FIRST|
- Senior Francesca Bertotto opened the morning session with a victory in the grueling 400-yard individual medley. She later completed the sweep of the distance freestyle races by taking the mile in 17:15.27 after taking the 500 title on Friday.
- Sophomore Kasja Dymek won a close race in the 100-yard butterfly, touching in under a second ahead of Rider's Kylie McMahon in 56.91 seconds.
- Senior Alexandra Fabugais-Inaba won her second event of the weekend, taking the 200-yard freestyle in a 1-2-3-4 finish for Rutgers.
- Freshman Aleksandra Ignatova claimed her first event victory of her collegiate career in the 100-yard breaststroke three seconds ahead the rest of the pool in 1:05.05. She completed the breaststroke sweep by winning the 200 by five seconds in 2:22.86.
- Grusova swept the backstroke events on Saturday, handily winning the 100- and 200-yard events.
- The 400-yard freestyle relay squad of freshman Giulia Ghidini, Grusova, Fabugais-Inaba and freshman Sofia Chichaikina scored a 13-second victory in 3:27.57.
- Freshman Sam Blanc, competing in her first collegiate three-meter event, took first place with a score of 267.60.
- Chichaikina kicked off the final session with a win in the 100 IM, shortly before her second and third individual victory of the day in the 100-yard freestyle and 200-yard butterfly.
- Rutgers finished the perfect weekend with a win in the 200-yard medley relay as Grusova, Ignatova, freshman Elinah Phillip and Chichaikina grabbed first in 1:45.43.