PISCATAWAY, NJ - The Piscataway Township Police Department has openings for full time 911 TeleCommunicator / Dispatcher.
Our Dispatchers provide a vital link between our citizens and Township Police, Fire, and EMS services. Our Communications Center is a fast paced environment with the responsibility of coordinating emergency services through our dedicated Public Safety Answering Point for a 19 square mile community of 59,000 residents. Piscataway Township is an EOE.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
• At least 18 years old.
• High School Diploma or GED.
• Ability to speak and read the English language. Multi-Language a plus.
• Current New Jersey Emergency Basic Telecommunicator (BTC) certification.
• Current New Jersey Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification.
• Current CPR certification.
• Familiarity and proficiency in keyboard/typing skills.
• Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and make critical decisions.
• Excellent communication skills, being able to provide accurate and timely information to emergency responders.
The following qualifications are preferred but not required to apply:
• Prior Police, Fire, EMS Dispatch experience
• Prior Police, Fire, or EMS experience
• Working knowledge of the New Jersey Criminal Justice Information System.
• Working knowledge of Q.E.D. CAD/RMS system.
Salary: $53,746 with benefits; Steady shifts with a 4 On 4 Off work schedule
Resumes may be hand delivered or mailed to the Piscataway Township Police Department, 555 Sidney Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854. A cover letter addressed to Captain Thomas Mosier, and a copy of current BTC, EMD and CPR certificates must be included with your resume.
Deadline to submit a resume is Friday, August 2, 2019 at 4 PM. Resumes received after this deadline will be disqualified.