Raritan Rapids at The YMCA at the Piscataway Community Center (YPCC) is now open every day!
However, please be sure to check the following YPCC website in advance of arriving: https://www.ymcaofmewsa.org/locations/coming-soon!-the-ymca-at-the-piscataway-community-center
HOURS OF OPERATION
• Monday – Friday, 2 p.m.-8 p.m.
• Saturday & Sundays, 11 a.m.-8 p.m.
|Session 1||2:00pm-3:30pm||Session 1||11:00am-12:30pm|
|Session 2||3:30pm-5:00pm||Session 2||12:30pm-2:00pm|
|Session 3||5:00pm-6:30pm||Session 3||2:00pm-3:30pm|
|Session 4||6:30pm-8:00pm||Session 4||3:30pm-5:00pm|
|Session 6|| 6:30pm-8:00pm
Up to 50 guests, children and adults will be allowed at Raritan Rapids in a 90-minute block of time. So more children can enjoy Raritan Rapids, the YPCC encourages no more than one parent or guardian for each child or group of siblings. YPCC staff will clean the facility and will have ongoing sanitization throughout the day.
Children and participants will need to arrive and leave in their swimsuits. Locker rooms will not be available for use.
Children and participants must wear water shoes. Other types of shoes such as flip flops, slides and sneakers may not be used as a substitute.
Tickets are $5 for those who live in Piscataway and $10 for those who do not. All individuals entering the park will be required to purchase a ticket. Due to state health department requirements, no chairs will be available and guests may not bring their own. Also guests observing along the deck are required to wear face coverings.
In the meantime, for the indoor YPCC facilities, the Township is still awaiting guidance from the state about when and how gyms and indoor pools may be opened. Once the entire YPCC is open, Raritan Rapids will be included as part of membership but tickets for its use will still be required.
Likewise, state guidance has still not been issued on how to safely maintain playgrounds. Since unlike the YPCC that has a staff that will be continually cleaning Raritan Rapids after each time block use, unfortunately, playgrounds at municipal parks are still closed.
HOW TO PURCHASE TICKETS
Tickets will be available for sale at the YMCA at the Piscataway Community Center first come, first served. There will be 50 bands available per 1½ hour time frame.
To save significant time at the gate, please fill out the waiver below and and electronically sign, using the instructions below.
Click here for the waiver: https://operations.daxko.com/Online/Join.aspx?cid=5249
Step 1: Choose if you are a Piscataway resident - Yes/No, click Next
Step 2: Select Non-Member option at the bottom of the page, click Next
Step 3: Fill out all information starting with the primary adult, click Next
Step 4: Add all additional members of the family, click Next
Step 5: Electronically sign the waiver
All individuals that have filled out the online registration and waiver will be able to immediately pay for their time and enjoy their visit to Raritan Rapids. All others will be asked to complete the registration process before beginning their visit.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
General Rules for a Great Day of Play:
· All children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
· Appropriate bathing attire is required
· Water shoes are required, slides and flip flops are strongly discouraged.
· Swim diapers are required for all children that are not toilet trained.
· Alcohol use is prohibited
· No smoking or vaping allowed.
· During thunder and lightning spray park will be closed. All patrons will be asked to leave the grounds. Grounds will remain closed until 30 minutes past the last episode.
· Please be mindful of others using the facility. Refrain from foul or inappropriate language, actions or behaviors.
Prohibited Behavior and items:
· For your safety, horseplay, roughhousing, pushing, shoving, or climbing on play structures/fence in ways unintended for use is strictly prohibited.
· Use of all soaps and detergents is prohibited.
· Water in the play area is treated for sanitation standards, please do not drink or spit water from the Spray Park.
· No glass containers of any kind allowed on the Spray Park grounds.
· No balls or outside equipment allowed.
· Animals and wheeled vehicles are prohibited with the exception of service animals, wheelchairs and strollers. Skateboards, bicycles, and rollerblades/skates are not allowed.