PISCATAWAY, NJ — Piscataway loves their dogs, and it shows!
National Dog Day is August 26, a day celebrated each year to bring attention to the plight of animals and to encourage adoption.
“National Dog Day celebrates all dogs, mixed breed and pure,” according to the website, Nationaldogday.com.
“Our mission is to help galvanize the public to recognize the number of dogs that need to be rescued each year and acknowledges family dogs and dogs that work selflessly each day to save lives, keep us safe and bring comfort,” they said.
In honor of the 2020 National Dog Day, share your adorable, funny, or charming photo of your furry buddy in the TAPinto Piscataway photo gallery.
Submissions can be emailed to Piscataway@tapinto.net. Captions are optional but include who gets the photo credit.
Here are a few ideas for celebrating National Dog Day from Nationaldogday.com:
- Adopt a dog from your local shelter or pure breed rescue organization.
- Donate blankets, food and toys to animal welfare organizations.
- Send a dog-related gift to a friend or family member.
- Assist an elderly or sick neighbor by walking their dog.
- Buy your dog a fun new dog toy...or two...or five.
- Give your dog some fun exercise by taking him or her to a doggy park.
- Brush your dog to eliminate excess fur.
- Have a safety check of your home to make sure it’s safe for your dog and others.
- Give your dog a massage or holistic spa treatment.
- Teach your dog a new trick.
- Buy your dog a fashionable collar and leash.
Sign up to get all the news as it happens at www.TAPinto.net/enews.