PISCATAWAY, NJ — The Piscataway Township Police Department has openings for per diem 911 and Full Time TeleCommunicators/ Dispatchers. Our Dispatchers provide a vital link between our citizens and Township Police, Fire, and EMS services. Our Communications Center is a fast paced environment with the responsibility of coordinating emergency services through our dedicated Public Safety Answering Point for a 19 square mile community of 59,000 residents. Piscataway Township is an EOE.
Applicants must meet the following minimum qualifications:
· At least 18 years old.
· High School Diploma or GED.
· Ability to speak and read the English language. Multi-Language a plus.
· Current New Jersey Emergency Basic Telecommunicator (BTC) certification.
· Current New Jersey Emergency Medical Dispatcher (EMD) certification.
· Current CPR certification.
· Familiarity and proficiency in keyboard/typing skills.
· Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment and make critical decisions.
· Excellent communication skills, being able to provide accurate and timely information to emergency responders
The following qualifications are preferred but not required to apply:
· Prior Police, Fire, EMS Dispatch experience
· Prior Police, Fire, or EMS experience
· Working knowledge of the New Jersey Criminal Justice Information System.
· Working knowledge of Q.E.D. CAD/RMS system.
F/T Salary: $52,449 with benefits
Steady Shifts with a 4 on 4 off work schedule
Per Diem Salary: $28.82/hour
Resumes may be hand delivered or mailed to the Piscataway Township Police Department, 555 Sidney Road, Piscataway, NJ 08854. A cover letter addressed to Captain Warren Morrison, and a copy of current BTC, EMD and CPR certificates must be included with your resume. Deadline to submit a resume is Friday, July 24, 2020 at 4 PM. Resumes received after this deadline will be disqualified.