PLAINFIELD, NJ - The 6th Annual Plainfield-Queen City Historic Walk/Run for Life kicks off on Saturday, October 8th. This year’s theme is "Walking/Running Together so Everyone can Achieve More".
The annual fundraiser is based on five key pillars, or objectives:
- Engage and Unite Plainfield and surrounding communities
- Highlight the historic legacy and beauty of Plainfield
- Advocate for youth and senior citizens (especially the less privileged)
- Raise awareness and advocacy for health and wellness
- Raise funds for scholarships, the less privileged, and non-profit community resources
Registration for the events begins at 8:00 AM at City Hall, 515 Watchung Avenue in Plainfield.
Choose from a 1 mile walk/run, which begins at 9:00 AM, for $15, or a 5K walk/run at 9:30 AM, for $25. The 5K (3.1 mile) course is USATF-certified and sanctioned. Awards are given by overall 1st, 2nd, 3rd place by age and gender.
Whether you walk, run or just come out to cheer on the participants, there will be vendors, music, food and more to enjoy.