PLAINFIELD, NJ - Plainfield has something for everyone this weekend - music, arts, nature walks and more! Here are just a few fun events from which you can choose.
Arts & Entertainment
- Aladdin, Jr. - There are two chances to catch students from Cook Elementary perform. On Friday, June 2 the show starts at 7:00 pm, and on Saturday, June 3, at 2:00 pm. Read more here.
- The annual Rhythm and Blues by the Brook free music festival, with Naughty by Nature, Rob Base and more, will return to Cedar Brook Park in Plainfield on Saturday. The day will be filled with live music, and children’s activities. It will run from 12:00 pm to 6:00 pm. And the weather will be upwards of 70 degrees with no rain!
- Also on Saturday, A Jazz Concert, sponsored by The Friends of the Plainfield Public Library, will feature The Otis Brown Jazz Ensemble from 7:00 to 11:00 pm. Purchase tickets online here, or buy at the door.
- Plainfield potter, Larry Quirk, will be participating in the 1st Annual Potters in the Pavilion ceramics show along with fifteen other ceramic artists at The Center for Contemporary Art in Bedminster. The show will be held on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm. Learn more here.
- Friday evening, from 6:00 to 8:30 pm, the Plainfield School District will host its annual district-wide Science Fair and Awards Ceremony. Special Guest and Keynote Speaker is Mrs. Marion L. Johnson, Plainfield’s Hidden Figure, and iconic member of BOEING. Johnson, a mathematician, worked on the Moon Space Mission as directed by the President of the United States John F. Kennedy, “to land a man on the moon and return him to earth safely.” The event will be held at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Avenue with a light dinner. Awards will be presented to first, second and third place winners of the Plainfield Public Schools’ Science Fair Competition. For more information, call 908-731-4333 or email email@example.com.
- Celebrate National Trails Day by taking a guided nature walk in the Watchung Reservation this Saturday, June 3, rain or shine. Afterwards, consider volunteering on a trail work project. Learn more here.
Health & Wellness
- A partnership between Plainfield's Division of Parks and Recreation, the Plainfield Rescue Squad, and the Plainfield Office of Emergency Management brings you Community CPR Day. This hands-only CPR training is free, and will take place at the Plainfield High School on Saturday, June 3 from 8:00 am to 2:00 pm.
Grab a friend,we wil see you out and about