PLAINFIELD, NJ - Wondering what's going in and around town this weekend? Here's a sneak peek at some Plainfield events.
- Maxson Middle School will host a presentation of “African Americans and the Vote” during a celebration of Black History Month, 12 to 2 p.m., at 920 E. 7th Street. The event is free and open to the public. Learn more here.
- The Mount Olive Baptist Church is hosting a free community meal from 12 to 2 p.m. The church is located at 216 Liberty Street. For more information, visit www.go2mobc.com.
- Saturday Academy offers a free enrichment program for students, their parents, and the Plainfield community. Classes run through May 9 at Plainfield High School, 950 Park Avenue, from 10 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. Classes in Art, Computer Skills, Typing, Chess, Martial Arts Concepts, English as a Second Language, Levels I and II, and Zumba are available.
- Check out Union County’s annual “February Festivities” series of family-friendly, indoor and outdoor nature programs at the Trailside Nature and Science Center, in the Watchung Reservation in Mountainside. Learn more here.
- Root for Everything Plainfield! Maxson Middle School takes on Hubbard Middle School. Girls play at 10 a.m., and boys at 11:30 a.m. At Plainfield High School.
- Boys Varsity Basketball: UCIAC Round 1 vs. Sinai Christian, 1 p.m. at Plainfield High School.
- Wrestling: NJUWL Tournament vs. Lakewood High School, 9 a.m.
- Celebration of Black History Month - Special Guest: Mr. Aaron Greene, Esq., Associate Counsel to the NJ Institute for Social Justice. From 11:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. A Caribbean, African, and Southern style meal will be served.
- The Visions of God Family Worship Church will hold a Black History Celebration at 10 a.m. at 350 Leland Avenue.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.