Programming keeps kids moving, exploring and learning
Plainfield, NJ – The “best summer ever” is right around the corner and the Plainfield YMCA is offering its 9 week Summer Day Camp to make sure kids in Plainfield and surrounding areas are adventurous, active and healthy this summer. YMCA camp programs offer youth fun and unique experiences with an opportunity to explore the outdoors, meet new friends, discover new interests and create memories that last a lifetime.
Summer is the ideal time for kids to get up, get out and explore. But, for some kids summer means no access to recreational and educational activities to help them learn, grow and thrive during out-of-school time. As a result, some kids can experience learning loss and gain weight twice as fast than during the school year. Attending Plainfield YMCA summer camp is a wonderful opportunity for kids to keep their minds and bodies active.
Summer camp is an excellent way to ensure kids stay engaged socially, physically, and academically throughout the summer camp, kids are in a welcoming environment where they can belong, they’re building relationships, developing character and discovering their potential. We really encourage parents to give their kids the gift of camp to keep them active and engaged all summer long.
The Plainfield YMCA camp leaders say there are five reasons why children and teens should attend summer camp:
- ADVENTURE: Summer camp is all about a wide variety of new experiences and exploring the outdoors. YMCA camps have a new adventure for every child and teen.
- HEALTHY FUN: Day and resident camps offer fun, stimulating activities that engage the body and mind, and also help children and teens learn the importance of nutrition to help improve their healthy eating habits.
- PERSONAL GROWTH: While in the welcoming environment of camp, youth have a chance to learn new skills, and develop confidence and independence by taking on new responsibilities and challenges. Camps offer cognitive learning and social-emotional development opportunities for achievement.
- FRIENDSHIPS: Amidst the fun of camp games, songs, swimming, canoeing and talent shows, campers meet new friends and strengthen existing friendships. The bonds formed at camp are important and lasting for many youth.
- MEMORIES: Summer camp is an unforgettable experience that will give each camper memories (and camp traditions) that will last a lifetime. Youth return to school with plenty of camp stories to share!
Registration for the Plainfield YMCA has started and parents are encouraged not to delay and register as soon as possible to ensure a spot by calling the Youth Development Department at (908)756-6060 Ext. 107 or 109. Registration information is also available on the website at: plainfieldymca.org/summer-day-camp.
A leading nonprofit committed to nurturing the potential of youth, the Y has been a leader in providing summer camp for over 131 years. The Plainfield YMCA continues to give youth an enriching, safe experience with caring staff and volunteers who model positive values that help build their kids’ character.
About The Plainfield YMCA:
The Plainfield YMCA is a community-based, 501 (c) (3) nonprofit which has provided youth development programs (after-school programs, aquatics and summer day camps), transitional and emergency shelter housing, and health and wellness services to the community for over 138 years. The Plainfield YMCA, located at 518 Watchung Ave, Plainfield NJ has been operating in the City of Plainfield and surrounding towns since 1877. It is the largest non-profit in Plainfield impacting more than 2,000 children and their families by providing a variety of high quality programs focused on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.