PLAINFIELD, NJ — Plainfield's Board of Education agenda for Tuesday's business meeting includes a resolution to approve the appointment of Perry Medina, at a prorated salary of $139,524, as the principal at Plainfield High School, effective July 1. Medina, if appointed, will replace Acting Principal Miguelina Landisi, who became the seventh principal at the high school in ten years after the board's controversial vote in September 2020 removed Dion Roach.
See the history of superintendents and Plainfield High School principals for the district.
Additional appointments to be considered include:
- The appointment of Destiny Simons as Assistant Supervisor of Information Technology, effective April 21, at a prorated salary of $91,068.00.
- The appointment of Tyrone Williams as Director of School Safety and Security, effective April 21, at a prorated salary of $95,000.
- The appointment of Dr. Jean M. Gordon as Director of Curriculum and Instruction, effective April 21, at a prorated salary of $157,515.
- The appointment of Carletta Jones as Director of Human Resources, effective April 21, at a prorated salary of $150,000.
- The appointment of Rashon Hasan as School Business Administrator/Board Secretary, effective July 12, at a prorated salary of $155,000.
Join the Zoom meeting here — take note, the meeting was moved to 8 p.m. by the board last week.
Remarks from Superintendent Dr. Diana Mitchell include a Links Partnership presentation, according to the agenda. You can download it on BoardDocs.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free online daily newspaper for Plainfield, NJ news.
Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.
Have an idea for a story? Looking to advertise? Email email@example.com.