PLAINFIELD, NJ - The unofficial start of summer begins with the upcoming Memorial Day weekend. So if you are looking for something fun and affordable to do, check out free passes to museums in New Jersey and New York that are available to Plainfield Public Library cardholders.
The library provides these passes, tickets, and discounts to a variety of museums and locations as part of its Museum Pass program. For specific information about each location, click on the links below.
- American Museum of Natural History (New York, NY): ticket
- Aviation Hall of Fame and Museum of New Jersey (Teterboro, NJ): pass
- Children's Museum of the Arts (New York, NY): pass
- Crayola Experience (Easton, PA): discount - purchase online tickets at http:tickets.crayolaexperience.com with the
Store name: PPLibrary
- Grounds for Sculpture (Hamilton Township, NJ): pass
- Insectropolis (Toms River, NJ): pass
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum (New York, NY): pass
- Liberty Science Center (Jersey City, NJ): discount - $3 off per ticket when you show your Library card at entry
- Montclair Art Museum (Montclair, NJ): pass
- Newark Museum (Newark, NJ): pass
- New York Historical Society (New York, NY): pass
Passes are physical membership cards that get checked out in a museum pass pouch and returned to the Library at the circulation desk or via the bookdrop. Patrons must be 18 or older to check out this type of museum pass.
Single-use tickets get "checked out" and do not need to be returned. Cardholders may check out one ticket per location per program year. Tickets are available on a first-come, first serve basis as supplies last.
Discounts are available at two locations - Crayola Experience and Liberty Science Center. Follow the directions on the location's individual page to redeem.
The Plainfield Library allows Plainfield residents who are 18 years of age or older with a current library card to check out one pass per family at a time. Library card holders must be in good standing.
Museum passes are available at the library's circulation desk and can be checked out for three days. They are free to borrow but there is an overdue fine of $5.00 per day, up to $25 if returned.
In addition to a library card, eligible borrowers must present a valid photo ID (New Jersey driver license, non-driver identification card, passport, or other government-issued photo ID with birthdate). Information on the photo ID must match library records.
Visit the library's website for additional details: http://www.plainfieldlibrary.info/Services/MuseumPasses.html
The Plainfield Public Library is located at 800 Park Ave.