PLAINFIELD, NJ - On Tuesday, Aug. 1st, the City of Plainfield opened its 7,000 square foot skateparks.
Some of the rules and regulations of the Madison Avenue Skatepark include:
- The facility is a 'skate at your risk' skatepark
- Hours are from dawn to dusk
- Users age 10 and under must wear helmets, kneepads, elbow pads and wrist guards
- All users must skate to avoid collisions, and skating against traffic is prohibited
- Entrance to the facility is on a first-come, first serve basis, and is limited to one hour when others are waiting to use
- Littering, alcohol use, smoking, and usage of profanity, indecent, obscene or abusive language or behavior is prohibited
- Users ages 7 to 10 must be accompanied by an adult
The Plainfield Police Division issued a reminder for everyone to abide by the rules that are posted on signs within the park, and to pay attention to obeying the dusk closing hours. Violation of the dusk closing hours may result in a trespassing summons.
Usage of the skatepark is at the user's own risk, and the City of Plainfield shall have no liability or responsibility for any loss, death, damage or any other injury sustained by any user of the skatepark or for loss of any user's personal property.