PLAINFIELD, NJ - How will you spend this weekend in Plainfield? Here are some ideas to help you make plans!
- The FUSP movie to be presented in the Second Friday Film Series is Don’t Tell Anyone, a film about the immigration experience in America. The 2015 Peabody Award Winning Documentary and discussion will start at 7:00 p.m.
- Shiloh and Green Pasture Baptist Churches present a concert to help storm victims. The concert starts at 7:00 p.m. at Shiloh Baptist Church, 515 West Fourth Street. For more information, visit http://www.shilohplainfield.org.
- The 7th Annual Plainfield Queen City 5K Run/Walk is on! Per the Plainfield Police Division, from 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. you can expect delays and road closures within the downtown area as far west as Plainfield Avenue and from 4th Street to West 8th Street. Read more on how to participate in the event here.
- You have two chances to search for treasures today. First, stop by the Cedarbrook Park Tenant Association Yard Sale at 1272 Park Avenue. Add this event to your calendar! Then head over to Crescent Avenue Presbyterian Church for the CAPC Rummage Sale at 716 Watchung Avenue. Both sales start at 9:00 a.m.
- An interactive discussion on HIV prevention in the Hispanic community will take place at First Unitarian Society of Plainfield, located at 724 Park Avenue, from 12:00 to 3:00 p.m. Presented by Iris House, in partnership with Department of Health & Human Services and the Latino Commission on AIDS, free screenings and HIV testing will be available.
- The Plainfield Cardinals football team plays at home at 1:00 p.m., taking on Watchung Hills Regional.
- Artist Nanci France-Vaz, a nationally acclaimed Modern Romantic painter who fuses classical and contemporary realism, will hold a demonstration at Swain Galleries from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m. at 703 Watchung Avenue. Her Rhapsodies of Life exhibit will be at the gallery through Oct. 21.
- The Latino Festival, in partnership with the Plainfield Arts Council and the Latin American Cultural Association of Plainfield, comes to town! This family-friendly day filled with singing, dancing, and food tastings, starts at 12:00 p.m. at the high school, 950 Park Avenue. Check out the lineup of performances here.
- Crescent Concerts kicks off its 36th Season with Winds Across Time. The performance starts at 3:00 p.m. To learn more, visit their website at www.crescentconcerts.org.
TAPintoPlainfield.net is Plainfield's free daily paper for Plainfield, NJ news. Sign up for our daily eNews and follow us on Facebook, Twitter @PlainfieldTAP, and on Instagram @tapintoplainfield for all of your Plainfield local news.