PLAINFIELD, NJ - The Greater Plainfield & Middlesex County Habitat for Humanity’s Board of Trustees announced that President and Chief Executive Officer Rev. Jeremy Montgomery has resigned to become the Chief Operating Officer of Habitat for Humanity of Broward County in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Since 2010, Montgomery played a critical role, with many accomplishments that include:
- Transitioning the affiliate from a 100% volunteer-led organization to a professional staff-driven operation
- Growing affiliate operating budget from $175,000 to $3.1-million this past fiscal year
- Exponentially growing our service area to include Middlesex County through a merger
- Advancing our house production to include multi-unit condominium developments
- Harnessing HUD grants to leverage community resources and funding
- Developing internal systems such as accounting and IT for a foundation of future growth and capacity