PLAINFIELD, NJ - Plainfield's Hubbard Middle School Eighth Grade Class of 2019 was celebrated on Wednesday at the school with parents and school administrators, led by Principal Kwame Asante, Vice Principal Natasha Cox, and Acting Superintendent of Plainfield Schools Elizabeth Filippatos.
According to Gloria Montealegre, Community Engagement Liaison, approximately 190 students received Certificates of Promotion, Awards and Scholarships, including:
- The Anklowitz-Bradshaw Memorial Citation
- The Bettie Quinn Literacy Achievement Award
- The John Wenz Scholar-Athlete Award
- The Arthur P. Burson Mathematics Award
- The Isabelle Ross Memorial Citation
- Best School Spirit
- Greatest Improvement
- The Principal’s Award
- The Hubbard Science Award
- The Hubbard Artist Award
- The Hubbard Historian Award
- The Hubbard Music Award
- The Hubbard Sportsmanship Award
- The Outstanding Citizenship Award
The Principal's Award was presented to Kasey Melendez Morataya, Andre’ Sherwin Johnson and Vanessa Veliz Quintero, who had earned the highest grades over their three years of middle school.
For more information, visit www.plainfieldnjk12.org or call 908-731-4333.