SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- In today's market, a LinkedIn profile is a "must have" for any professional or job seeker, as more than 90% of companies use LinkedIn to identify or vet a candidate. But just having a profile isn't enough.
On Monday, April 9 at 6:30 p.m., the Scotch Plains Public Library welcomes back Alex Freund, "The Landing Expert," for a presentation that will be insightful and highly valuable for any professional: LinkedIn: It's About Being Found.
This interactive session is designed to help you understand the dynamics of LinkedIn and how to position yourself for success. There are a number of reasons why your profile might not appear in a search. Freund will reveal how to break through these impediments.
Not all components of your profile are created equal. You will learn which elements weigh more heavily in searches and which sections require your attention first.
During this event, participants will:
- Evaluate the role of LinkedIn in a job search
- Understand how to structure their profile to be "found"
- Learn how to address job transitions and unemployment
- Experience a recruiter's view of a candidate
- Distinguish an optimized profile from a poor one
- Acquire free tools and techniques to create a "stand out" profile
This program is presented by the Scotch Plains-Mountainside Public Libraries’ Career Networking Group. It is free and open to all interested participants. Register online here, call 908-322-5007 x204, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.